HealthWest Medical & Specialist Centre offers childhood vaccinations in accordance with the Australian childhood immunisation register. As well as travel advice and travel vaccination. We do offer other vaccines according to the Australian health department guidelines.
Flu vaccinations are now available for children ages 6 months and above, as well as adults.
With flu season fast approaching, you should find out whether you or any of your family members need to get a flu vaccination to be protected for the flu season.
Seasonal influenza vaccine is free for patients with chronic disease. Also, the vaccine is free for:
- everyone aged 65 years and over
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from 15 years of age
- all pregnant women at any time during pregnancy
- all residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- any person six months of age and over with a condition predisposing them to severe influenza illness who requires regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation such as people with
– cardiac disease – chronic respiratory disease – impaired immunity – diabetes – chronic neuromuscular disease.
If you work in health care or a job that has frequent contact with the public it is worth considering getting the flu vaccine.
You should find out what vaccinations you need, even if you think your travel destination is safe. Vaccination offers good protection against many diseases.
Gardasil® vaccination for boys and girls.
The human papillomavirus (HPV) Gardasil® vaccination for the prevention of cervical cancer and genital warts is available for boys and girls aged 12 (year 7) is government funded.
Information on the vaccinations are available during your consultation with the doctor and at reception.
FLU SEASON HAS ARRIVED CALL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT ###FREE VACCINE#### Please call to see if you qualify – Private patients non- qualify $15